Friday, March 15, 2013

Green Bars

Looking for something "green" for St. Patty's Day? How about these wonderful Creamy Lime Bars? They are wonderful, sweet, creamy, tart and light all at the same time. How great is that?

I posted these in July 2012 but thought they were worth revisiting. We have had these many times in our home. With Spring on its way in, St. Patty's Day and Easter, folks are looking for new recipes. 

Hope you will try these. Simple, easy and delicious.

Creamy Lime Bars or Green Bars

Crust
1 1/2 cups crushed Pretzels
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Filling
2 - 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup lime juice, freshly juiced, about 4 limes
zest of all the limes
powdered sugar (for garnish)
lime slices (for garnish)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper or spray well with baking spray, either will work.
In a medium sized bowl, add the ingredients for your crust, mix and mash well. Next spread into your prepared pan, flatten out and bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
While the crust is baking prepare your filling. 
Mix all your filling ingredients together and pour into the baked crust. Return to the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and store in the fridge. Chill for several hours before serving.
Slice and sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with a lime slice for presentation if you want.

Enjoy!


Happy St. Patrick's Day and come on Spring!!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Foodie Friends Friday

14 comments:

  1. I wonder how this would taste with Key Lime juice? Looks yummy. Thanks for posting. Followed you from SITS. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be great. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. These look delish, and I love the idea of a pretzel crust. I was going to say that I'm going to try these with Key Lime juice and I just looked up and Vicki has said that too. I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen! I think Key Limes would be awesome, I just happen to have limes. I love the pretzel crust, sweet and salty.

      Delete
  3. These look delicious Dawn. I love anything key lime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound and look yummy! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to give them a try.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the twist of using limes, instead of lemons. I bet they were delicious.
    Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    Your co host from Nosh My Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a recipe for melt in your mouth lemon bars but the recipes are very different. I love both limes and lemons. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete