Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Drunken Sausage and Noodles

Yum Yum Yum
I can not believe HOW good this was.
I was just browsing on Facebook and ran across a recipe, when I went to the blog I thought, oh that sounds good, but...I don't have all those ingredients. So of course I improvised and came up with my own version. Oh man am I glad I did. It was so good.
I hope you will think so too.

Drunken Sausage and Noodles (naked or dressed)

4 Johnsonville chicken Cajun style sausage(it's what was in the fridge)
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 red and orange sliced salad sweet peppers
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup white wine (I used Resiling)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 TBSP parsley
2 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 bag egg noodles, medium size
20 oz chicken broth
1 TBSP olive oil

Slice the sausage, add them, the onion and oil to a pan or sauce pot. Saute for until the onion starts to become translucent. Add the spices, tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining broth and noodles. Cover and simmer until all the liquid has absorbed. Stir in the wine and deglaze the pan. Stir well. Remove from the heat and cover. Allow to sit for 5 more minutes.
serve naked or with cheese!
Enjoy







Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional – Wednesdays @ 8am
HungryLittleGirl
Feeding Big


Foodie Friends Friday

14 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I am your newset follower.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, Dawn. Great job!
    Would love it if you would stop by at Ducks 'n a Row on Wednesdays for my hop.
    This week I am co-hosting the Like Me On Facebook hop. All other weeks it is "Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop" featuring several great sites and showcasing all of my guests’ posts with large icons. Makes the images look so nice and inviting to click! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome. Yes, it is a great party you have going on, I linked up earlier today. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Glad to have seen you at Pin Inspiration. I am going to save this one for dinner soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cool, hope you enjoy it. It was really good.

      Delete
  4. You had me at 'drunken'...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROTFL yeah it's funny because I don't drink. But the added wine really amped up the flavor.

      Delete
  5. You had me at "drunken" - LOL. Seriously, this sounds great. Newest follower via the MTM Mixer!!


    Penny at Green Moms and Kids
    http://greenmomsandkids.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha seems several of you like the "drunken" part. The wine really does add a richness. Thanks for stopping by. Love the party.

      Delete
  6. This recipe sounds fantastic! I already pinned it last week and can't wait to make it soon! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a recipe my husband would like quite a bit! Thanks for sharing. I found you on the Raising Imperfection hop.

    ReplyDelete