Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Creamy Chicken Casserole

My friend Robyn over at Robyn's View was asking if any of us make our own casseroles. Yes, most of mine are throw togethers, thoughts from my head or a revamp of one I've seen online or in a magazine. So with her question, I decided to add a couple of my favorite things together to create a yummy casserole.
With the thought of "making your own casserole" you may think, how. Well, it is simple. You start with a basic recipe. Example: a cup of meat, 1-2 cups of vegetables, a cup of something creamy like sour cream, cream of something soup, cheesy, noodles or rice. Topping or not. Add to a casserole dish and you're done.
Here is what I did.


Creamy Chicken Casserole
7 chicken tenders diced and cooked
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of noodles
2 cups of chicken broth
1 TBSP parsley
1/4 tsp marjoram
1 1/2 cups gumbo mix frozen veggies
Cheesy Garlic Biscuit dough

In a pot I cook the chicken, add the broth, soup, milk and spices. Mix well. Next add the vegetables and noodles. I allow this to cook until the noodles are almost done. Then pour it into a casserole dish. Top with the biscuit dough and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. I love quick and easy and this one fits the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I love how easy the directions are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannah, I enjoy easy but sometimes go for involved cooking. Hope you'll give it a try and let me know how you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Dawn, this looks yummy and easy! I'm not great in the kitchen....I think the family will really go for this!
    Have a very happy Easter and thanks for taking the time to come on over whenever I link up! You have so many bloggers who link; I don't know how you do it!
    xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With homeschooling your hands are full, you need quick and easy.
      aww thank you. I think it is important to thank those who take time to link up. It is time consuming but comments make us all feel appreciated.
      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks so good. What time should I be there to eat?
    I so glad you shared this with my weekend link party friends.
    Hope to see you again next week.
    Angel @
    http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We normally eat around 6, drop by. :)
      Thanks so much for hosting.

      Delete