Friday, March 22, 2013

5 layer Banoff Pie

My husband is now addicted to Pinterest. It is the funniest thing! He comes home from work, we have supper, chit chat and then fall into our routine of watching The Big Bang Theory and whatever else is on TV that night while we surf the web on our laptops. Either I'm blogging, editing photos, surfing Facebook or answering emails. He is surfing Facebook and Pinterest. He was amazed at the amount of "man stuff" that he found. He picked on me for months about my electronic hoarding but now he's doing it! LOL
So anyway, he saw this pie on Pinterest and said WHY do I not have one of these yet?
But I can't leave well enough alone and the pie sounded great but you know I added to it. I have read several recipes but didn't look at one or go by anything but memory to create my own version.


5 layer Banoff Pie
1 sleeve graham crackers
1/4 cup butter
2 TBSP sugar

2 large bananas
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 can caramel (sweetened condensed milk see yesterdays post)
8 oz cool whip
Hershey's chocolate chips
1/3 cup flaked coconut

In a food processor crush the graham crackers to a fine crumb, then add the sugar and butter. Press this into a pie pan. I used a 9 inch round Pyrex glass pie pan. Next slice the two bananas and layer topped with chopped pecans.



Top with caramel sauce, made from sweetened condensed milk.

 Top with cool whip.
Sprinkle with coconut and chocolate chips.Place in the freeze to set for at least an hour. Remove and slice. store in the freezer but after it has been in for more than 4 hours you will need to remove it and allow it to set at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes to cut.
How pretty is that?
Wanna slice?

Delicious!! My husband said it moved into the top 10 category of recipes. Now that's saying something.

Enjoy!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic ThePinJunkie

The Fun In Functional link party @ Practically Functional
http://recipesfromapantry.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Top-recipeshowcase-button-200x200-mar2013.jpg HomeEducatorMom.com
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. I love Banoff Pie, had it for the first time in Ireland! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it just bananas and caramel? This was fabulous. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Ok! I want a slice of this right now! I don't think there is a thing in this pie that is not delicious!

    Thanks for sharing! I am pinning for later - I know my daughter would love ti!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh girl!! You are right, there is nothing in here that is not delicious!!

      Delete
  3. I want a slice of the pie. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks it was enjoyable and definitely a repeat

      Delete
  4. Mmmm...I refuse to let my husband on to Pinterest because he would do the same thing! He is a recipe whore and I know my kitchen would blow up if he had ahold of that site!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! Definitely pinning and making this one! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ericka hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

      Delete
  6. Oh yum, this looks fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yum and then some! I'll visit later and see who gets featured.

      Delete
  7. looks so yummy and simple enough. I love how it's not baked. I'm seriously thinking about trying your recipe out soon. Visiting from Home Educator Mom. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, you won't be sorry except for your waistline. Super yummy

      Delete
  8. Hi, just passing through from HomeEducatorMom. This looks so good! Yes, I would love a piece of pie,please. I bookmarked it to have when my son gets back from vacation. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay , good to know. Let me know how he likes it.

      Delete
  9. Hi Dawn,
    Just wanted to let you know that you're featured on Home Educator Mom this week. If you haven't done so, come check out. Thanks again for linking up. I hope you'll link up again this week. Have a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks so much. I'll be over to check it out.
      Have a blessed Easter weekend.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for entering this recipe at the Top Recipe Showcase for March 2013. 5 whole layers of deliciousness....

    ReplyDelete