Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sweet Salty Crunchy Cookies

Thank you for stopping by, for updates on all that is happening be sure to "like" my Facebook page. I also tweet about post and give away prizes, so be sure to follow me @spatulasonparad. If you are like me, Pinterest is a big deal...SpatulasOP is where you'll find me. Writing this blog, my creative outlet and writing for Daily Dish, check it out.

I know I had just made the fabulous brownie cheesecake that we still have part of , however, I really wanted a cookie. And not just any cookie. An "everything good" cookie. So, off to the kitchen I went to throw one together. That's right, throw it together. Not quite but close.


Sweet Salty Crunchy Cookies

1 cup crushed pretzels
1  cup quick oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup rice krispies
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter,unsalted and softened
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
14 minutes on Silpad baking sheets, let sit for a minute then remove to a wire cooling rack.
Cream butter and sugars together, add eggs. Mix all dry ingredients together well. Mix in with the creamed mix. Drop by spoonful. Makes 6-8 dozen depending on how large you make the cookies.
Great hot right out of the oven and wonderful the next morning dipped in a cup of hot tea!

Enjoy!!!




5 comments:

  1. They sound crazy ... crazy GOOD! I would love a couple of them right now (yes it's midnight, and yes I actually mean a dozen when I say a couple haha). I will try them for sure, because I love crunchy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super duper good! AND almost gone!! I know how you love combo foods, you'll eat these up!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that chicken looks like it was fried. Looks so crispy. Stop making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'm guessing you're talking about the SRS recipe.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I came over to comment on the cookies and had to laugh at Marlenes comment! These cookies really do look good! I can see why they don't last long!

    Thanks for sharing these at the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete