Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sookies Chicken Casserole - SRS


Happy Wednesday! Don't worry, you're not at the wrong place. Today I am participating in the Surprise Recipe Swap! Jutta over at HUNGRY LITTLE GIRL is the brain child to this event. Each month we bloggers sign up, are assigned a blog to search, find a recipe, prepare that recipe and blog about it on the 20th. No one knows who has the other or the recipe chosen, UNTIL today!

I was given Sugar Dish Me. Just the name got me all excited. Sugar! I chose two different recipes but have only been able to do one so far, due to my husbands schedule. I WILL get the second one made this weekend but so as not to keep you in suspense. Here it is: Bourbon Peach Frenchtoast this is what my husband has to look forward to.

Sugar Dish Me author Heather and I are very similar. We both live in "out-in-the-middle" of nowhere NC. She has 2 boys , I have 3. Her boyfriend and my husband are the "jack of all trades" men who can fix anything. And what a blessing that is I can tell you. She has a cute kitty, I have 3. LOL, I'm an overachiever! She loves chocolate, well, hello me too! GO check her out. You'll find lots of great things you'll want to try.

This is the recipe I "did" pick and prepare.



Sookie's Chicken Casserole (adapted from Sugar Dish Me)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
4 chicken breast, cooked and diced up
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz light fat free sour cream
1/2 cup broth
2 tsp poppy seeds
3 cups cooked brown rice
Panko bread crumbs

Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT for the Panko. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan and top with the Panko. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with a nice salad or green beans as we did.







HungryLittleGirl

16 comments:

  1. Hey Hey!!! Thanks so much! I'm pretty sure I need to make this casserole again... It's been awhile! Glad you enjoyed it- you will LOVE that Bourbon Peach French Toast. So funny that we are so similar! Great to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I started reading "about" on your blog. I just laughed. There were several recipes that I have pinned to try later. Hope you'll look around and find something here you like. Now to hop over to your blog to see who you featured for SRS.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I think I will have to make this for Wee Bear! thanks for the comments on my blog! www.sewwhatscookingwithjoan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed by all, young and old. the dog was licking the oven door!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazingly delicious! Great pick Dawn!
    I love the poppy seeds in it so I am going to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jutta, it caught my eye because of the poppy seeds.

      Delete
  4. Yum! I think this will be a big hit in our house! Can't wait to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to stop back bye and tell us how you and your family liked it.

      Delete
  5. This looks really good! I love casseroles, especially in the winter! They warm you up on the inside and the outside!

    I love the SRS and can't wait to see who my partner is next month!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love casseroles and crock pot cooking.

      Delete
  6. That looks like one tasty dish, Dawn! I need to go & check out her blog cause sugar is my middle name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a great blog. I love sugar and chocolate but am trying to be better. sigh

      Delete
  7. I want to make this RIGHT NOW!! I love this type of recipe! (MY family is not into casseroles;but I so want to try this!1
    THANKS so much, Dawn!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids would not eat them when they were little but they do now. As adults. dh will eat anything I put in front of him, so it's all good.

      Delete