Thursday, February 21, 2013

Coq au Vin

Thank you for stopping by, for updates on all that is happening be sure to "like" my Facebook page. I also tweet about post and give away prizes, so be sure to follow me @spatulasonparad. If you are like me, Pinterest is a big deal...SpatulasOP is where you'll find me. Writing this blog, my creative outlet and writing for Daily Dish, check it out.

What is it you may ask, my husband did. I joked and told him it was rabbit. He just gave me that look. I laughed and said, not really, it's chicken but taste like rabbit! LOL
You may not laugh but it was funny at the time.
Are you familiar with Coq au Vin? Have you ever heard of it, tried it, wondered how it taste?
Now you have the chance to find out. A one dish creation, complete with meat and veggies. Add bread or a salad.

Coq au Vin

4 slices of bacon, diced
6 chicken thighs, skin and bone removed
3/4 tsp thyme, dried and crushed
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
garlic
1/2 pound small red potatoes, quartered
3 small carrots sliced, thick slices
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cup cooking red wine

(I have seen recipes with mushrooms added but I have an allergy and of course don't cook with them but feel free to add them if you like)

In a heavy saucepan, cook the bacon. Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper if you desire, and add to the pan. Add the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and wine. Cover and cook for at least 25 minutes or until all items are cooked through and are tender. I served mine with french bread and a salad.

Enjoy!!


12 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try this recipe. I remember my grandmother used to fry rabbit and have creamed gravy with it! Yum!

    Did your husband enjoy it? Sure does look good.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy it. I grew up eating rabbit and squirrel. Country living at its finest. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love coq au vin and have been meaning to get mine written up. The original way to make it is with a whole chicken cut up... This looks good but I would add lots of mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a lot of recipes using mushrooms and my dh would have loved that but I have developed an allergy to them in the last year.

      Delete
  3. Hello! I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast & easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you could check it out because I'm just starting out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Dawn! Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Furthermore, a 'Ventless Gas Space Heater' is known for its energy consumption and can be
    run on LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) or natural gas.
    You try to play games with the kids to keep their minds off the cold.
    we prefer it over Menard's, Home Depot, etc.

    Here is my web site most efficient space heater review

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just might make someone's day. Check out this site that has free release forms online. The staff person I talked to thought it would be best for me to come into the store so that I could review their whole list of birthday party crafts, each with a different cost.

    Also visit my web blog http://cccastillon.awardspace.biz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, residents of
    Montevallo, AL should have an effective plan for dealing
    with the crisis. In fact the term zombie came from the region and refers
    to persons who have undergone such a mind altering experience.
    Who even knows if it will happen.

    Feel free to surf to my web page: comic books for free

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll love it. We're wired into the system. Braun electric shaving razor
    released a self-cleaning function, which allows for a mess of the
    Court.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; shaving for women
    Also see my website :: new electric razors for men

    ReplyDelete
  9. s benefit, you can contact us by email or telephone for more
    details about this product. - Pus that oozes from between the teeth and
    gums when pressure is applied to the gums. The situation can
    be worse for the kids as well as for the patient of diabetes.



    Feel free to surf to my blog: http://www.gatv.ssr.upm.es/wikivarim/index.php?title=Usuario:AlyssaBro

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exercising at home means you will no longer have to clean up after inconsiderate
    half-wits that can't be bothered to clean up their own mess. 2. Perform this workout mostly to build wider, larger, broader shoulder muscles.

    Here is my blog post www.my-debugbar.com

    ReplyDelete