Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chicken Fried Rice

For over a week, going on two, I've been very sick. There has been very little cooking going on which is highly unusual for me. My husband is wanting me to get well, one because he's tired of seeing me sick and two because he is ready for some serious cooking! I'm ready too!

A few days ago I made a large batch of brown rice and put it in the fridge. This way I could grab a cup or two and toss it into a pan with a few items and supper was done. I used it for the Sookie's Chicken Casserole and again last night for a quick easy chicken fried rice.

I still have some left and will most likely toss it with some frozen veggies and soy sauce for lunch.

My husband and I were obviously on the same sheet of music last night, he stopped at the Asian market on the way home and brought home some goodies! My favorite sweet and spicy chili sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce (something new to try) and Kimchi for him. Not me! It's HOT.




Chicken Fried Rice

2 chicken breast , diced
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and soy sauce, saute the chicken.

Add:
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
3-5 tsp soy sauce (depending on your taste)

stir well and cook for a few minutes.

Next add 2 cups of brown rice (already cooked and cold, works best)
Slice 3 large green onions.

Cover and simmer for 3 minutes, remove lid and saute until rice is heated through.

Serve and ENJOY!
Total time less than 20 minutes


16 comments:

  1. This looks GREAT, and I love that it is fast and doesn't have a jillion ingredients! ;) The ingredients your hubby brought home look yummy, even the hot one! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks, Dawn! :)

    Joy (Yesterfood)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The sweet chili sauce is my favorite! LOVE it and yes, I made the fried rice simple. Good doesn't have to be complicated. That is why I like your blog, yesterday foods were simple.

      Delete
  2. I always thought of Fried Rice as a side dish until I spent some time in the Orient, that's where I began eating it as a meal. Now I just love finding new ways to make it. The easier the better. I'll be trying this one next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I love your blog , you always make me laugh.

      Delete
  3. Great recipe. I love chicken fried rice. Pinning this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so perfect! I am about to change my dinner plans!
    I love that you use sesame oil - it simply belongs to a good fried rice and I find it so so sad if you get take-out fried rice and they don't use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sesame oil and used it often. Tell me if you did wind up cooking it and how you liked it.

      Delete
  5. That's the one thing I've really missed since my surgery also...cooking! This looks like a really easy recipe. I've never tried sesame oil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you are feeling better when you start to cook again! I am glad you are feeling like getting back in the kitchen.

    My father loved Kimchee, I have never tried it. I have never thought it smelled very good. This dinner looks good and tasty!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Cynthia http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Feeling better but not well. I save my energy so I can cook :)
      My dh loves kimchee but I don't. It is hot, at least what he buys.

      Delete
  7. this sounds so good right now! but I'll have to skip the sesame oil because my son has a sesame allergy! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could just use oil I like the flavor of the sesame.

      Delete
  8. I love chicken fried rice and this looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete