Monday, February 25, 2013

Bourbon Peach French Toast

Inspired by my friend Heather at Sugar Dish Me. I decided to make my husband a breakfast he would love. Well, that would be hard not to do, as he loves breakfast, food in general and my cooking. So whatever I do it's a win win.

He loves bourbon, french toast and peaches. Me? Not so much, however, this was really good!

Bourbon Peach French Toast
4 slices multi grain bread
2 eggs
2 TBSP water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1-2 TBSP bourbon (Evan Williams)
12 oz can sliced peaches , drained
1-2 TBSP brown sugar

In a small pan add peaches and brown sugar. Just allow this to sit and dissolve on its own, low temp, about 5 minutes. Add in the bourbon and stir well. Allow this to simmer until the liquid has dissolved and has created a thick brown sticky sauce.
Meanwhile, mix eggs, water, and spices. Whip well. Dip the bread in and grill or cook in a skillet.
Place the bread/toast on a plate and cover with peach sauce.

We found no need for syrup. But you may add it you prefer.
Enjoy!!



This recipe was linked up at:
In and Out of the Kitchen
The Pin Junkie
Wednesday Extravaganza
Friday Connection blog hop

7 comments:

  1. I am not a big breakfast person, but I think this recipe could change my mind! What a wonderful way to start the day!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this! Any time I can have bourbon for breakfast... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol sounds like my husband, he was thrilled that I used his Evan Williams.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That looks like quite a tasty dish.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we enjoyed it. And I'm not a peach fan. ha ha

      Delete
  4. Dawn, thanks very much for stopping by and linking in with Food on friday. I am blown away by all the different breakfast dishes - over 170 now!

    ReplyDelete