Monday, February 18, 2013

Beef Pepper Bean Soup -crock pot

Thank you for stopping by, for updates on all that is happening be sure to "like" my Facebook page. I also tweet about post and give away prizes, so be sure to follow me @spatulasonparad. If you are like me, Pinterest is a big deal...SpatulasOP is where you'll find me. Writing this blog, my creative outlet and writing for Daily Dish, check it out.


Who loves their crock pot? ME! I love it and use it all year long. Some one asked me once, why I used it during the summer because it was a winter item...says who? I mean, why wouldn't you use it during the summer? It does not heat up the kitchen like your oven and stove. I understand we associate a crock pot with comfort food which often means cold weather. But it is a time saver as well, especially if you work.
 This was a 'throw together' which is what my family loves about my cooking. I go in, look around the cabinet, fridge and freezer and see what I want to cook. What goes together and what I'm in the mood for. I love trying new recipes but love creating simple good food. Hope you will enjoy it as well.




Beef Pepper Bean Soup (Crock Pot)

1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup onion/bell pepper mix
1 cup corn
2 potatoes diced
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
12 oz chicken stock
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp parsley flakes

Cook the ground beef with the spices. Toss it all into the crock pot, stir well and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. Let it sit all day and at the end of all the running around, cleaning, errands, and such, you'll have a fabulous meal.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Love this-
    I was planning on chili tonight in the crockpot, but this looks really inviting.
    I think I'll give it a try!
    Thanks
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. It was simple and really good. I think it was better the second day.

      Delete