Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TexMex Chicken Mix with Sante Fe Veggies

If you are missing any post or highlights from my blog, make sure you follow me on Facebook. The link is on the right side of this post. Also, follow me on twitter, I don't tweet a lot but I do announce each post and our weekly link party.

Last night I was going for something different, we had a little Tex-Mex with Italian thrown in for good measures.

I had some of the caprese tomatoes left over and did not want them to go bad, plus some leftover fresh mozzarella that I did not want to go bad. So I used those as a side dish.

It was all really good and my husband enjoyed the Sante'Fe veggies the most, which is surprising. I thought he might think they were weird.

It is unusual but you'll find three recipes on this post. Yes, three. Hope you will enjoy them or at least try one.

TexMex Chicken Mix

3 boneless Chicken breast, cubed
4 sweet salad bell peppers sliced
3 small potatoes sliced
2 TBSP taco seasoning mix (homemade)
1 TBSP olive oil
tops of 5 green onions

Cut all items as needed, saute in a pan with olive oil, add 1/4 cup water, cover and allow to cook until potatoes are done.




 Sante' Fe Veggies

1 cup frozen corn
1 small sweet cucumber
2-5 dashes of hot sauce
5 green onion bottoms
1 TBSP butter

Saute corn and onions in a pan, add hot sauce and cucumber. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold.



Stuffed Tomatoes

6 hollowed out caprese tomatoes
3 fresh basil leaves
3 slices of fresh mozzerella
1 TBSP olive oil

Hollow out the tomatoes, stuff 1/2 leaf into each tomato, along with enough cheese to fill. Sprinkle olive oil over the top and fresh cracked pepper. Roast/bake at 450 degrees until tomatoes wilt and cheese is melted.



YUM Our TexMex Italian Dinner :D