I'm not even sure how I found this recipe, but I found it on debra-ann blog . I pinned it and could not stop thinking about it. So after a few days, off I went to the store and gathered the items I did not have at home.
Once I returned home I went to work! Well, it wasn't really work, just several steps to assemble.
The hard part was waiting for 6 hours for it to set before I could slice it up. It was a long afternoon! ha ha
I must say, this is one of my new favorites! I love lemon and this is a fabulously lemony dessert that is sure to please.
This recipe was originally from Pampered Chef. Funny, because I used to sell PC, have many of their products (which I LOVE) but I had never seen this recipe before, because trust me, I would have made it LONG before now.
Creamy Lemon Supreme
Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes plus 6 hours chilling
Recipe : Pampered Chef
12 lemon creme-filled sandwich cookies, finely chopped (1½ cups)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 package (2.9 ounces) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not
½ cup sugar
2 cups water, divided
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1. Lightly spray Springform Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For crust, finely chop cookies using Food Chopper. *I used my food processor*
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in Small Batter Bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Cut 6
thin slices from lemon; cut each slice in half. Place lemon halves against inside collar of pan with cut side
touching crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling.* I needed 7 slices cut in half to go around my spring form pan*
2. For filling, zest lemons to measure 1½ teaspoons zest using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Juicer, juice lemons to
measure ¼ cup juice. Combine pudding mix, sugar, ¼ cup of the water and egg yolks in Small (2-qt.) Saucepan;
stir until blended. Stir in remaining 1¾ cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture
comes to a full boil; remove from heat. Set aside ½ cup of the pudding; cool slightly. Whisk butter and lemon
juice**I used the juice from 1 large lemon**into remaining pudding in saucepan; cool 15 minutes, stirring twice.
3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Whisk in reserved ½ cup lemon
pudding and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping, spread over crust.
4. Stir remaining lemon pudding mixture and spoon evenly over cream cheese filling using Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading gently. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
5. Run Quikut Paring Knife around sides of dessert; release collar from pan. Garnish with remaining whipped
topping and lemon zest. Cut into wedges.