Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Luscious Lemon Dessert

I'm not even sure how I found this recipe, but I found it on debra-ann blog . I pinned it and could not stop thinking about it. So after a few days, off I went to the store and gathered the items I did not have at home.

Once I returned home I went to work! Well, it wasn't really work, just several steps to assemble.

The hard part was waiting for 6 hours for it to set before I could slice it up. It was a long afternoon! ha ha

I must say, this is one of my new favorites! I love lemon and this is a fabulously lemony dessert that is sure to please.

This recipe was originally from Pampered Chef. Funny, because I used to sell PC, have many of their products (which I LOVE) but I had never seen this recipe before, because trust me, I would have made it LONG before now.





Creamy Lemon Supreme
Serves: 12
Calories: 390
Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes plus 6 hours chilling
Recipe : Pampered Chef

Ingredients:

Crust
12 lemon creme-filled sandwich cookies, finely chopped (1½ cups)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 lemon

Filling
2 lemons
1 package (2.9 ounces) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not 
instant)
½ cup sugar
2 cups water, divided
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided




Preparation:
1. Lightly spray Springform Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For crust, finely chop cookies using Food Chopper. *I used my food processor*
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in Small Batter Bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Cut 6 
thin slices from lemon; cut each slice in half. Place lemon halves against inside collar of pan with cut side 
touching crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling.* I needed 7 slices cut in half to go around my spring form pan*
2. For filling, zest lemons to measure 1½ teaspoons zest using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Juicer, juice lemons to 
measure ¼ cup juice. Combine pudding mix, sugar, ¼ cup of the water and egg yolks in Small (2-qt.) Saucepan; 
stir until blended. Stir in remaining 1¾ cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture 
comes to a full boil; remove from heat. Set aside ½ cup of the pudding; cool slightly. Whisk butter and lemon 
juice**I used the juice from 1 large lemon**into remaining pudding in saucepan; cool 15 minutes, stirring twice.
3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Whisk in reserved ½ cup lemon 
pudding and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping, spread over crust.
4. Stir remaining lemon pudding mixture and spoon evenly over cream cheese filling using Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading gently. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
5. Run Quikut Paring Knife around sides of dessert; release collar from pan. Garnish with remaining whipped 
topping and lemon zest. Cut into wedges.


Enjoy

shared on



Foodie Friends Friday


Addicted to Recipes Button, Page button

27 comments:

  1. My mouth is drooling just looking at this! My daughter requests this for her birthday every year! Glad you gave it a try!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I know I commented about this the other day! My computer is going crazy! I just saw your button on the GYB page! I love it! Have fun hopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I got a message showing you commented yesterday but when I looked it wasn't here. Strange.
      ANYway, thanks for stopping by and for co hosting the GYB! Found several new blogs this morning.
      LOVE this dessert! You should try it! hint hint ;)

      Delete
  3. January is such a perfect time for a lemon dessert. Love the freshness of it this time of year, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I adore lemons! It is a lovely dessert but if you can believe it, it taste even better.

      Delete
  4. DROOOOLL! you had me at LEMON!

    Stopping by from GYB hop!

    Trish @ Tales from ... 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speechless. That lemon pie has left me speechless. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I can add any more delicious adjectives to your exquisite dessert. What I do know is that I will definitely be making this. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. It was FABULOUS...you DEF need to try it :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks to die for, thanks for sharing.
    http://thegoodsalad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to visit you.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I went by your blog and tried to go to your daughters blog but the link did not work.

      Delete
  10. Yum!I love lemon!!!
    Congrats! I am featuring your Lemon Dessert at my Super Link Party on Wednesday! I hope you come check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I call it luscious for a reason, it is just so fabulous. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Hi there, I log on to your blog on a regular basis.
    Your story-telling style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

    Here is my web site; http://www.imdash.com/344/just-where-should-i-search-for-blenders-or-maybe-juicers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good post. I absolutely love this website.
    Stick with it!

    Look at my website - juice recipes for juicers

    ReplyDelete