Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lentil Soup

Tonight we are having this delicious soup! Lentil soup...with a few added extras. I saw the original idea at Confessions of a Food Lover but her's is different. You can go to her site to see hers at the link above.

In celebration of my 200th blog post, which this is, I will be making a new dessert tomorrow!! A wonderful french pear tart with Riesling. OH MAN...



Lentil Soup

2 cups organic vegetable broth
3 cups water
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced celery
5 green onions diced
2 sweet red/orange salad peppers
1 cup lentils
1 1/2 TBSP tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
2 large fingerling potatoes
1 TBSP butter
3 chicken and apple sausage sliced

Chop, dice and mix it all into a soup pot. Simmer for 30 - 45 minutes.





HungryLittleGirl

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I totally forgot to tell you that I have made this soup and it was D.E.Licious! My hubby and me ate the whole pot empty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YAY!! Thank you for letting me know. It makes me Grin to know that you made this and enjoyed it.

      Delete