Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lemon Filled Buttery Cupcakes

I should have posted this last night but I was tired and enjoying eating them WAY too much! I have to warn you upfront, they are addictive!

When my husband came home, I think he ate like 4 last night!! We won't say how many I ate, because as the cook, you know you have to taste it when it comes out of the oven, taste the filling, taste the frosting and taste the finished product. Oh, you don't? That's just me you say? oh my! lol

This is just something I had rolling around in my head that I put into action. A wonderfully light creamy buttery cupcake, filled with homemade lemon pudding and topped with a light cream cheese frosting and not to overkill it but decorated with a slice of fresh kiwi!! The flavors just all flowed together so nicely!!! Trust me, they do.



The best ever cupcake batter!!

3/4 cup butter
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk (I use half water and half evaporate milk)


  • Allow the butter and eggs to come to room temperature. This is important.
  • In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients and set aside.
  • In a bowl add your butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the sugar. Beat until creamy.
  • Alternate stirring in milk and flour into the creamy mixture.
  • Place liners in a cupcake pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
  • Makes 24
I used a package of COOK and serve lemon pudding. It comes out thicker, richer and so lemony!

Scoop out the top of the cupcakes, put a tsp of lemon pudding inside, place the top back on and frost with cream cheese frosting. Next slice a fresh ripe kiwi and place on top of each cupcake.




 This recipe was shared at Feeding Big and at FFF link party

7 comments:

  1. this does look good for sure, and no you're not the only one tasting as you go....Lynaea @ EverydayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the lemon and the cupcakes were so light and buttery!

      Delete
  2. These look delicious! I love anything lemon. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look just divine! I agree with you, the cook should always taste everything - at least once and sometimes twice! I love the combination of lemon and kiwi! Sweet and tart!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Party!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Muffins & Cupcakes over at Carole's Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the fun. Cheers

    ReplyDelete