Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers

Friday night I had a brain storm! Inside out stuffed peppers! Why not?

My husband had requested a new dish, but to make it Mexican. Before I started the blog we did Mexican at least once a week, sometimes several times a week depending on my mood.

He loves stuffed peppers so I had a brilliant idea. Here it is:



Inside Out Stuffed Peppers

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

1 lb lean ground beef
2 TBSP (homemade) taco seasoning (recipe )
1 egg

Mix together well in a medium size bowl. Set aside.


9 sweet salad bell peppers

Remove the end cap and seeds. Set aside


Cheese, whatever type you prefer

Now, stuff the cheese inside the peppers and wrap ground beef mixture around the peppers. Try to cover the pepper and seal the end. Lay inside a cast iron skillet. Place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the peppers.

I served these with a large salad , chips and salsa.

Enjoy!

shared over at: Wednesday Extravaganza with Hungry Little Girl