Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Pies

The past two nights I have made us a sweet treat. I had the idea because I've been trying to come up with a dessert for Valentine's Day. 

When you think of Valentine's Day, you automatically think "cherry". Go to the store, most of the chocolate candy is cherry filled or flavored. I happen to love cherry so that is fine with me.

For a funny and interesting look at the reason all or most candy is cherry, read A'lil Country Sugar's article on Daily Dish.

Anywho...I kept thinking something quick and easy. Well, this is it. Now you need to make them and eat them while hot for the best experience.


Chocolate Cherry Pies
6 egg roll wrappers
cherry pie filling
semi sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar
Small frying pan and oil
Place pie filling inside of the egg roll, sprinkle with chocolate chips, roll egg roll and fry. Drain and sprinkle with powered sugar. ENJOY we sure did!! <3