Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chicken Piccata

I have seen this recipe for years and finally decided to give it a try. I knew my husband would love it. The capers were my concern, for me, I'm not a big salt lover and they are very salty. My husband on the other hand is a salt addict.

He LOVED it. He kept saying things like "OMG I love capers"  "what are these, they are great" "Okay these capers are seriously my favorite now". His reaction to foods can be very entertaining.

The recipe is very easy. I was done from start to finish in about twenty five minutes. As you can see I served it with sliced steamed potatoes and a very large salad.


dinner plate

Chicken Piccata

4 boneless skinless chicken tenders
2-3 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
fresh cracked pepper
1/3 cup capers
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 cup lemon infused cooking white wine
2 tsp butter
1 TBSP olive oil

Heat butter and oil in skillet. Coat chicken with a mix of Parmesan cheese and flour, season with fresh cracked pepper. Once the chicken is cooked through with a little pink showing, remove and set aside. Add the capers, lemon juice and wine to the pan, cook for 5 minutes, replace the chicken to the pan. Turn off the heat and cover. Allow to sit while you prepare your salad, or wait 20 minutes. ENJOY




huge salad that my husband and I shared