Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken Noodle soup, just what the doctor order! I have been so sick and soup is an easy go to meal, it is filling, not a lot of fuss, nutritious, plus makes great leftovers.

I made a great chicken noodle soup the other night and ate it for two days, that along with the chicken gumbo have been my meals since Sunday.

I hope that everyone else is having a great start to the new year, we are not  but I am praying that this means the rest of the year will be smooth sailing. Don't laugh, a girl can hope can't she?

My camera battery died so this was taken with my phone.

Chicken Noodle Soup
3 chicken breast cooked and shredded
broth from the chicken
1 cup water
24 oz box chicken stock
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small onion diced
1 stalk celery diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp marjoram
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp thyme

Allow this all to simmer for 30 - 45 minutes. Add in your favorite noodle, I used medium egg noodles and cook until done.