Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BBQ Bacon Chicken

Supper last night was so fabulous I almost hated trying to follow it up tonight.

I had to go to the doctor today and on the way home, my son asked me what I was doing for supper. I said, well, I had an idea. What do you think about this...and told him. He said "YEAH"! So that is what I did.

What you ask? oh...yummy!



BBQ Bacon Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken tenders
6 slices of bacon
Jack Daniels #7 bbq sauce

I wrapped each tender with bacon and placed it in my cast iron skillet. It was placed in the oven, bottom rack, at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Once the bacon had crisped up, I top it with bbq sauce and returned it to the oven for 15 min. Only because I was waiting for the potatoes to finish. The result? Nice tender juicy bbq chicken with crispy bacon! Now that's what I call good!



What side dish you may wonder. Well, 3 small potatoes for each of us, cut into thin slices but not all the way through. Sprinkled with EVOO, fresh cracked black pepper and parsley flakes. Placed in the oven from start to finish with the chicken.



A nice side salad of left over caprese on top of romaine lettuce.



Final results? Delicious Dinner!

6 comments:

  1. I don't say this often, as my boys hate most meals I make (not to be confused with my baking, which they love and would eat for meals if they could) but my boys would love this. Anything with bacon and BBQ sauce will work in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Try it, they may love your cooking :) Technically it is baking because it is done in the oven! LOL

      Delete
  2. I am not sure which one I like better the chicken or the potatoes! Anything wrapped with bacon is good to me!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The chicken was great, but these little baby gourmet potatoes had such great flavor. And easy to boot!

      Delete
  3. These sound so good! I have never even thought of adding bacon to my BBQ chicken, but it has to be wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a "light bulb" moment and one that my guys sure did appreciate.

      Delete