Thursday, January 10, 2013

Asian Glaze Chicken and 2 sides

What a mismatched dinner! Asian chicken, Israeli couscous and Brussel sprouts. Strange combo but delicious!

Looking around in the cabinet, fridge and counter. I decided to combo several foods and see what happened. I had some brussel sprouts that needed to be fixed and some fresh garlic that needed using up.

Delicious is what happened.




Asian Glaze chicken

4 TBSP orange blossom honey
4 TBSP sweet and spicy Asian chili sauce
3 green onions
8 chicken tender strips (boneless skinless chicken breast strips)

Cook the chicken tenders with a little olive oil. When done, mix the top 3 ingredients and pour over the chicken. Allow to cook. Finish in the broiler for two minutes if you want a thicker sticker glaze.



Couscous

1 3/4 cup water
1 cup Israeli couscous
1/3 cup chopped pecans
lemon zest
2 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP dried cranberries
3 green onions sliced/diced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP butter

Melt butter, add oil, zest, juice, cranberries, onions, pecans. Sautee. Add water and couscous. Cook for 9 minutes covered. Stir, cover and allow to sit until liquid is absorbed.



Brussel Sprouts

2 cups fresh brussel sprouts, cut in half
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
olive oil

Slice and mix with oil. Place on a baking sheet/stone and roast until tender with dark spots and crispy edges.


HungryLittleGirl
Foodie Friends Friday

9 comments:

  1. Oh, my, this does sound like a good combination! I love all of these ingredients...brussel sprouts, couscous, cranberries, pecans...I just finished a meal, but now I am hungry again seeing all of this! :)
    ~Joy from Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Joy. It was a great combo. The sauce on the chicken so was good I dipped my brussel sprouts in it.

      Delete
  2. I love Brussels sprouts yum! Thanks for the follow, following you back :) I look forward to your future recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great combination. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It was really enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. Hi Dawn, the asian glaze chicken looks delicious. I love brussels sprouts and make mine the same way. I thought you would enjoy the Eggplant Lasagna I made. Check it out here: http://inlovingmemoryofgrandmamillie.blogspot.com/2013/01/eggplant-lasagna.html You said you love Italian food. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazingly delicious Dawn! I especially love the couscous with cranberries :)
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - can't wait to see the deliciousness you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete