Sunday, January 20, 2013

Apricot Chicken...SRS



YES you are in the right place. I have teamed up with a group of ladies, through Hungry Little Girl to participate in a SURPRISE recipe swap! How cool is that? We all signed up and Jutta sent us emails to tell us who we were paired with. I got a name, the blog name and then was given 3 weeks to find a recipe on that blog that I wanted to recreate. Now it is time for me to reveal to you, and the other blog, the recipe and details!!
I have been so excited about this project. Can't wait to find out WHO has me ?!?! woo hoo

OK, I was given Anne from Domesblissity and I chose her Apricot Chicken. I chose this one for several reasons:

  1. it looked good
  2. it was easy
  3. I am obsessed with an Australian show and she is from Australia
  4. on the show the woman cooks "apricot chicken" all the time
  5. I love apricots
  6. dh has never eaten them
I thought I had what I needed to make this recipe and when I went to fix it I saw I did not. SO...I improvised. My recipe of course is not exactly like hers but I have to say, it was FAN Freakin' Tastic! My dh said "that's a keeper" and the next day was STILL talking about how good it was.

It was a beautiful dish on the plate and played beautiful music with my taste buds! Thanks Anne for this inspiration! Anne's recipe is 4 ingredients but mine is five. She served hers over rice and I chose Israeli couscous.


Apricot Chicken

Chicken, 6 boneless skinless chicken tenders, diced
1/2 cup organic chicken broth
1/2 cup apricot preserves
green onions, 5 chopped
sweet orange salad bell peppers, sliced

Cook the chicken in just a tad bit of oil. Add the broth and preserves. Allow this to cook and thicken. Chop the onions and slice the peppers. Lay these on top of the cooked mix, cover with a lid and shut off the heat. Allow this to steam to a delicious finish. Stir well and serve over Israeli couscous.

DELISH

Enjoy!


HungryLittleGirl