Monday, December 31, 2012

White Bean Soup

Cool weather, longer nights, crisp breeze and not feeling well; what do they have in common? They make me want soup! Not just any soup. I've been in creative soup mode lately.

This soup is super easy and delicious. You could use dry beans if you prefer but being sick, I took a few short cuts.

I thought I had cooked a potful and we would eat it for a few days, ha!, dh had other ideas.

Tell me what you think.

White Bean Soup

2 cans drained and rinsed, white beans (Cannellini)
1 medium sweet onion diced
2 smoked turkey legs, skin and bone removed
1 large container of chicken broth (24-32 oz)
1 large baked sweet potato diced (I had a few left over)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley

Toss it all into a pot and simmer for 1 hour. Served with steakhouse brown wheat and honey bread.

Simple! ENJOY