Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pineapple Fluff

Being home alone and bored tonight, had that craving for something but not knowing what...
So, off to the kitchen to see what I wanted. We have chips, which is unusual. We have nuts, granola, fruit, cookies, cheese and crackers. None of which really called out to me.
Wow, it hit me. A light fluffy fruit dip! That's what I wanted.
THEN... I grabbed the necessary items, that were in my head, and made this light, delicious, fluffy and fruity dip. Funny how things work, I actually had these items. The pineapple and almonds are not unusual but the pudding mix is. I don't make pudding as a general rule. Cookies, well, in the last 2 weeks I've only made ... cough...15+ dozen, so I should have some, right? Yes, you read that right. 15+ dozen...blush I know I know. My son left and I bake when I'm emotional.
Here's the recipe.

1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
1 pkg french vanilla pudding
8-10 oz cool whip
fruit
cookies
almond slivers

Mix the pudding mix in the pineapple, fold in the cool whip and top with slivered almonds. Serve with sliced bananas or any other fruit you have and cookies.

Enjoy! I did :)