Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oven Roasted Vegetables

Not sure if you have done this before or not, but this is my favorite go to when I have lots of fresh veggies and need a filling side dish or meatless main. Roasted Vegetables...now I have made this for over a year and depending on the time of year, depends on what I use. I try to use fresh but will add a few frozen if I need to.

I first saw this in a magazine. We really enjoy this dish and depending on the time of year and what is in season, depends on what is in it. The spices stay the same.

During the summer, I use carrots, potatoes, onions, squash, zucchini  sweet potatoes, and chick peas. I recently started using brussel sprouts, which my husband said he didn't like, UNTIL he ate them in this dish. Now he swears they are his favorite.

So open up your vegetable bin, grabbed some of your favorites and give this one a go! I promise, you'll love it.


Oven Roasted Vegetables
fresh brussel sprouts, cut in half
1 sweet onion, cut up
1 bag baby carrots
1 sweet orange bell pepper chopped
1/2 butternut squash cubed
1 can chick peas rinsed and drained
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp brown sugar
1-2 TBSP olive oil
Chop, dice, cube all your vegetables, toss them into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss in your spices. Now mix well, pour onto a baking sheet or roasting pan and roast in a 350 degree oven for 30-60 minutes depending on which vegetables you use.
enjoy!

Now this has nothing to do with a recipe, BUT my friend Cynthia over at Feeding Big has an etsy store where she sells her lovely embroidered creations. She made me this cool kitchen linen towel!! It now holds a place on the wall in my kitchen, NOT to be used but admired. THANK YOU girl, love it!