Good morning! Christmas is over but the holiday season is still upon us. You may have family and friends still with you and you may be tired of baking.
How about a dessert that requires NO BAKING, is easy enough the kids could do it and is a great crowd pleaser?
I have just the ticket.
Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake...now doesn't that just make your taste buds go to dancing? Mine did as soon as I thought of it.
This is all you need to do:
1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping, warmed
8 oz tub of cool whip topping, thawed and divided
1 pkg chocolate flavored instant pudding mix
8 Oreo cookies
12 vanilla ice cream sandwich pie
12 x 24 sheet of foil
- Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the cool whip with a whisk. Blend well and add the DRY pudding mix. Stir until well blended and the consistency of fudge. If it is too thick to stir, add 1/4 cup milk.
- Chop cookies into pieces and stir into the pudding mix.
- Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side (laying flat long sides together) on a 24 x 12 sheet of foil. Top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat. you will have sandwiches, pudding, sandwiches, pudding, sandwiches.
- Frost the top and sides with the cool whip.
- Bring the foil up and double fold the ends, make a loosely sealed package.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
- let it stand at room temperature until it softens just enough to slice.
- makes 12 servings.
Here you can see the slice and layers