Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Orange Pecan Roll Cake

Having done the wonderful Cinnamon Roll Cake, I got to thinking one morning, what if I changed it up? I love orange and I love pecans...what if? hmmm

So I did it, I changed the recipe, a lot, and this is what I came up with! OH man, slap yo'momma good! Sorry mom! I would not hit you, it is a saying.

Give this delicious number a try and let me know what you think!

Brew a pot of coffee or a cup of tea, slice you a big'ol piece and enjoy!


Orange Pecan Roll Cake


Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c OJ
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla or orange extract
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. OJ
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1TBsp. OJ

4 comments:

  1. I am not much of a morning person, but I could reconsider with this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making fresh goodies for breakfast! Normally it is a Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Great blog! I started following you through the Friendly Friday blog hop :) http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ----------------------------------

    There are long lasting ways to get the amazing middle you crave. These genius tips
    Will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat, And feel even more gorgeous.
    we have very best advice for quickly shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
    Hello, skinny jeans! Stop making these 5 Major mistakes and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat
    http://juicyabs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/5TipsToAFlatStomach?skip_nax_wizard=true

    ReplyDelete