Tuesday, December 11, 2012

MawMaw Pie



THIS has got to be my number one favorite pie of ALL times!! This is so good after one bite you will want to eat the whole thing, but it is rich and sweet which makes it impossible.
newest photos (2014)

I saw this on " I Should Be Mopping the floor" blog and KNEW right away that I would make this and make it I did. It makes two pies, oh what a shame...just meant I only made one dessert last week and this was it.

TRUST me when I say, you want to make this pie! It is a simple recipe and not overly expensive but taste like liquid gold!!

Follow the link above and tell her I sent you :)
This recipe was found at "I Should Be Mopping" and this is what I did:
  • 2 {9 inch} deep dish pastry pie shells- I used a store brand, you can make you own, feel free
  • 1/2 stick butter {unsalted}
  • 1 cup flaked coconut - that I toasted
  • 1 cup pecans - rough chopped
  • 1 {8 ounce} package cream cheese, softened 
  • 1 {14 ounce} can sweetened condensed milk (use the name brand)
  • 1 {16 ounce} container whipped topping thawed - I used 2 8 oz due to them being on sale and cheaper
  • 1 {14 ounce} jar caramel ice cream topping
Bake your pie shells and allow them to cool. In a mixer cream your can of sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese together. Gently fold in your whipped topping. In a pan with the butter, toast your pecans and coconut. Allow to cool. Now let's assemble this bad boy!
Pie shell, cream mix, caramel, cream mix, top with nuts,coconut and caramel. This makes 2 pies so be sure to divide it properly.
Freeze
Allow to stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes, slice and serve.
 Original recipe :Click here for recipe: maw maw pie recipe