Thursday, December 6, 2012

Korean Chicken


Korean Chicken also known as "Dakdoritang"

I was given this recipe last year by a friend. I thought it looked and sounded really good. I have made some modifications, because her version is SPICY. My dh likes it that way, but the rest of us can't eat it.
This is great alone, served over rice or with noodles. This time I did it with noodles.

Marinade
3 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flake
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken

Marinade for 30 minutes.

Add marinade and chicken to a pot along with:
1 lb potatoes diced
1 large onion diced
1 cup carrots shredded
1 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP red pepper flake
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 TBSP ginger
2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken stock)
1 sweet red bell pepper diced
1/2 - 1 cup shredded cabbage

Cook on med for approximately 30 minutes
Lower temp and cook for another 15
I have also done this in the crock pot on low for 4 hours.**

Serve over rice or noodles

**original recipe also added shiitake mushrooms, chili pepper paste, no cabbage and more red pepper flakes.


Side note:
 I have been making this since April 2011 and have done it several different ways, stove top, crock pot, marinade, throwing it all in a pot with ALL the ingredients, along with frozen chicken. It is a pretty easy, no fail recipe.


1 comment:

  1. This was very nice. I cooked mine in the slow cooker. The whole family enjoyed this dish. Thanks for a lovely recipe. We rated this an 8/10.

    ReplyDelete