Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cabbage Hash


I saw a picture on Pinterest and there was no link, it went = no where but to a larger picture. In the comment section, someone had typed "I think all that was in here was cabbage, bacon, onions and garlic."

So I thought, easy enough. Let's see what I can do. So I had a bag of shredded slaw mix, a bag of precooked bacon pieces and of course I always have onions and garlic.

I set my cast iron skillet on the stove top, placed in a dab of Tropical Traditions coconut oil, see here for details HERE on winning a jar, minced some garlic, diced a sweet onion, threw in the bacon and let it go until the onions started to go clear, then I added the cabbage mix. Let it saute for a few minutes and WA LA done!

Super simple and "Oh so good" as Mr. Food used to say.

My husband went nuts over this! He said the only thing wrong was that I needed to have made it in a wash tub! LOL

1 bag shredded cabbage slaw mix
1 bag precooked bacon pieces
2 cloves garlic minced
1 med. sweet onion cut up
1 TBSP Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil