Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kicked Up Grilled Cheese

Happy Saturday Morning!

I woke up super early this morning, not sure why, but I was up, hungry and decided to do something I had not done in a LONG time. Make grilled cheese for breakfast. You are probably thinking, so...big deal, grilled cheese. Yeah, well, I didn't do just any old grilled cheese. I did my "kicked up" version of grilled cheese.

The first time I did this was about 6 years ago. My son and I had been watching the Food Network channel and they were doing different types of grilled cheese. I said, oooh wait, what if...and we almost ran each other over to get to the kitchen. We were THRILLED with our results.

Try it, you just might like it.

First you start off with frying some bacon nice and crispy. Then you saute onions in the bacon fat, hey I never said it was a diet food! Next spread butter on your bread, place grill cheese slice, top with onions,bacon and bread. Grill, slice, enjoy!! We did :)










5 comments:

  1. My favorite grilled cheese sandwich has: peppered bacon, sharp cheddar, and pear! I use my George Foreman grill to grill it. It makes it look like a pannini! Your sandwich looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pear? hmmm never added fruit before. I'll have to try that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was! Not a healthy sandwich but I only do it once or twice a year.

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I love grilled onions and bacon. Onions smell so good while sauteing in bacon. Thanks for stopping by Marvelous Mondays. I just followed your blog back. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete