Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Favorite Cookies - Oatmeal Lacies

It is barely November and my mom is already putting in her request for her "Favorite Cookies". Actually, they are everyone's favorite cookie. Well, everyone who has eaten my Oatmeal Lacies says they are addicting, and they are!
These are by far my favorite all time cookies. Don't get me wrong, I've never met a cookie I didn't like, but these...oh. Crunchy, sweet, thin, crisp, delicate. Oh...
I do not make them often, as I would like to NOT look like the Goodyear Blimp!
Trust me, you want to try these, but don't say I did not warn you, addiction is close at hand!

Oatmeal Lacies

1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter,softened
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Makes 8 dozen

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover baking sheets with foil and then spray with a non stick spray. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT
In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter. With a mixer at medium speed beat to form a grainy paste. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add flour and other dry ingredients. 
Drop dough by tsp onto sheets. 2 1/2 inches apart as the dough will spread.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges begin to turn a lovely golden brown. Let them cool, then PEEL off with fingers.
Be sure to respray sheets between baking. IMPORTANT