Sunday, November 25, 2012

Coffee Rub Steak

Good morning! Last night I needed a turkey break, I originally had planned on preparing a casserole using leftover turkey, from a  recipe found online several years ago from Emeril. It is great and we really enjoyed it but I wanted something else. Then I remembered I had bought a few steaks last week and grabbed them. Thinking of using my wonderful Don Tomas coffee as a rub, this was the prime time to try it out.

I grabbed the ingredients and went to work.

Coffee Rub

4 TBSP of brown sugar
1 tsp Don Tomas coffee (fine ground)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp baking cocoa powder

Mix it all together and rub on the steak. Sear the steak in a cast iron skillet with a tsp of coconut oil. If you want a well done steak, finish it in the oven wrapped in foil.

Delicious!

We had collards, steak, leftover mashed potatoes, rolls and leftover cranberry salad. Ah so good and easy as well.

Enjoy!!