Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies

Go Big or Go Home! 
If you're gonna do it, do it 110%. Don't do anything half way.
Yep, even in sickness. I finally broke down and went to the doctor. Bronchitis AND a sinus infection. oooh boy! Three medications and 2 hours later I was on my way home. The doctor said I would get worse and then better but if my symptoms were to change for me to go back. Well, she wasn't kidding. I was sooo bad off last night. However, thank God, this morning I am feeling somewhat slightly improved. whew...

So, the other day, while I had a little dab of energy, I decided to make these cookies. Not sure I could recreate them as I used up some leftover chocolate in the mix, but I'd give it a second go. You saw the picture yesterday. Today I'll give you the recipe.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies...that's a mouth full!

1/3 cup leftover ganache (milk chocolate chips melted with Don Tomas Coffee, milk and butter, melted, cooked and cooled)
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup all natural applesauce
1/2 cup softened butter, unsalted
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

350 degree oven for 10 minutes, makes 4 dozen

Cream butter and sugars. Next add egg, applesauce and ganash. Blend well. In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients and mix well. Slowly add these to the cream mix. DO NOT OVER MIX. Last fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop by tsp onto a greased cookie sheet.

Enjoy!
These are light and crunchy!


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I like these cookies!
    Chocolate + cinnamon + oats = wonderful

    ReplyDelete