Monday, November 19, 2012

Cherries on a Cloud

Ah, yes...cherries on a cloud, I have been making this for so long I really can't remember where I found it,but it is one of my families favorites.
It started out as a Thanksgiving dessert, was then requested at Christmas and Easter and so on and so on.
Actually, my youngest son has requested this for his birthday 'cake' the last 2 years in a row. I used to prepare this for the holidays but since it is a light refreshing dessert, it has become a go to favorite. Plus it is quick, easy and fairly inexpensive especially compared to other desserts.
So with that being said, this year was no exception. My youngest son loves this dessert and he is leaving for the Air Force in just a few weeks. He requested this recipe for his 'cake'. We are celebrating everything early this year so that he does not miss out on anything as it is his last one at home. A sad but exciting time in our home.
For those of you who know me best, this is a RARE recipe that uses boxed everything. I am SUPER into fresh and homemade but this is the exception.
Here we go...

Cherries On A Cloud

1 box of graham crackers
1 can of cherry pie filling
2 containers of cool whip
2 boxes of vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups of cold milk
13 x 9 pan

Layer the graham crackers in the  bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
Mix one box of vanilla pudding with 1 1/2 cups of cold milk, allow it to set for 5 minutes, add 1/2 container of cool whip and spread on the crackers.
Repeat
top with cool whip and cherries
This dessert needs to sit in the fridge for 8 hours but it is best if left over night. This allows the crackers to become soft and the flavors to marry.

Enjoy!




My youngest on his 18th birthday. These two lovelies are now married, he is in the Air Force and they live far away in a land called Texas :(
I am proud of him and happy for them, but miss them terribly.


No comments:

Post a Comment