Thursday, November 15, 2012

Calories


That's right! Calories, those nasty little critters! Sometimes I struggle with not getting enough calories or the right calories and of course on other days I have entirely too many.

What do you do to get the 'proper' amount of calories. The ones that are not empty, full of fat but packed with nutrients and energy?

The best way is to fill your diet with lots of raw, whole foods. Leafy greens, dark and vibrant foods. The darker the color, the more nutrients. When you cook them and they are pale, you have killed the vital nutrients and cooked the vitamins out.

I love cooked food, but a salad packed with lots of dark leafy greens and other vegetables or a smoothie make me feel full and satisfied.

Maybe more of:
collards
acorn squash
Garden side dish
kale salad
smoothie

1 comment:

  1. Calories are a dirty word in my house! Thanks for reminding me about making sure I eat the green stuff too!

    ReplyDelete