Monday, November 12, 2012

Butter Cake with Lemon Curd Filling and Seven Minute Frosting

YES that is a mouthful to say and to eat! OMW this thing is good good gracious!
I had this thought in my head for the past 3 days.
The butter cake turned out so light, fluffy and oh so buttery good! The lemon curd filling I cheated on and bought, however, I purchased a really high quality and I could have eaten it right out of the jar!
I grew up with my aunt making a delicious pineapple cake with seven minute frosting. I had not made it in so many years I could not find my recipe, so I used the one I found on Always with Butter blog.  It turned out fabulously.

Here is what I did:

Cake
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk

Allow the butter to soften and eggs to rest at room temperature. About 30 minutes.
Grease and flour 2 nine inch round pans.
In a bowl stir together dry ingredients and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and you will bake for 25 minutes or until the center is done and top is golden.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter slowly adding sugar until well combined, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well, next add vanilla.
Alternate milk and flour mixture, beating well with each add.
Pour into your prepared pans and bake.
Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing.




Frosting (Martha Stewart) found on the link above: Always with Butter



In The Old Road

5 comments:

  1. I love lemon curd! I have never made it from scratch though. This cake looks so light and fluffy and the icing is to die for! Thanks for sharing. You always make wonderful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I'm a big fan of lemon curd! I absolutely love making it from scratch, my husband loves it. Thankyou so much for sharing! I've pinned this and will add it to my 'to bake' list :)

    Following you via the Marvelous Monday hop! Glad I found you, new recipes are ALWAYS welcome as far as I'm concerned
    ~Tasha
    http://quirkycraftingshmooglebean.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tash and welcome! Love the MMhop. YES lemon curd!!oh my word, it was delicious!

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete