Friday, October 5, 2012

Yummy Goodness - Nutella Marshmallow Pumpkin Bread

Yummy goodness, that's right. Oh boy oh boy oh boy, when I saw this recipe over at Inside Bru Crew Life I knew I was going to jump right on it!
The only thing I think that I did different than her's was to use fresh roasted pumpkin puree instead of canned.
My marshmallow did not melt and swirl through the bread like her's but I think maybe mine was too sticky and firm, should have melted it some first. No matter, it made a nice s'more kind of topping and no one turned down a slice I can tell ya that!
This recipe makes 2 loaves and I'm thinking you could probably freeze one. Not that I need to with 3 guys around and friends, ha it won't last through the weekend!

Nutella Marshmallow Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I made my own)
1 cup oil
4 eggs (farm fresh thanks to my girls/hens)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 cups flour
2/3 water
2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 - 15 oz can)
1 cup Nutella
1 cup marshmallow fluff

Cream the first 3 ingredients, add the eggs one at a time. Next add each ingredient and stir in well. Add all EXCEPT the last two. After the batter is ready, grease well 2 loaf pans. 9 x 5 pans
Pour in the batter and drop the nutella and mm fluff by the spoonful and swirl in each loaf.
Bake for 1 hour or until the center is done on 350 degrees.
Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, remove and cool on the rack. Wrap and serve the next day, this gives the flavors time to marry.
I did not wait...imagine that! But I can tell you, it IS better today than last night.

Enjoy! And thanks IBCL




2 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I think I would leave out the marshmallow thought - not a big fan of them. I do love nutella thought.

    Here are two questions - how do you make your own brown sugar and how to you store your pumpkin? Did you can it or freeze it or did you use it all up when you made the bread? I think that was three questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great questions Cynthia and I probably should have included that information. Some of the pumpkin puree I froze in 1 cup servings, I used freezer bags, pressed flat to expel all the air. It will keep for up to a year. when you are ready you just defrost it in the fridge, if it is watery just drain it in cheesecloth.
      I still have about 1 cup in the fridge. I froze 5 cups the rest was used in this recipe and the cheesecake.
      Brown sugar= granulated sugar 2 cups and you still in 2 TBSP of molasses, blackstrap with out sulfur. Mix well and ta da,brown sugar.

      Delete