Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Explosion

I had a party Monday on Facebook, it was "Monday Madness", this included asking my foodie friends to post a link to their blog with a recipe that they loved. This was my first attempt at doing such. I have other foodie blog friends who do this and have great success. There wasn't a huge turn-out but it was successful in the fact that I found a new recipe, tried it and we loved it!

Stuffed Pepper Explosion is just that, all the ingredients for stuffed peppers in a casserole dish, so much easier to eat and oh the flavors. WHY did I not think of this? I have done something similar, I think, but this was great!

The original recipe came from: Who Needs A Cape

Here is what I did:

Stuffed Pepper Explosion
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion diced
1 pkg yellow rice
1 1/2 cups diced yellow,red and orange bell peppers
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp Mexican oregano
2 TBSP butter
1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese

Cook the meat and onions until done. Cook the yellow rice according to package and add the butter, parsley and peppers. When both are done mix together along with the oregano and tomatoes. Stir in half of the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, add the remaining cheese on top and allow to melt.
Serve with a nice salad and some tortilla chips to use as a spoon/dipper. 

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so good! I think this is a dish my boys would love too. will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best 'stuffed peppers' I ever ate! dh loves stuffed peppers and he said "you can make them this way from now on"

      Delete