Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sausage Bread

My friend Lois over at Walking On Sunshine posted her recipe for sausage bread a few days ago. I said "OH MAN, I remember doing this years ago" so I decided to drag out an old favorite, much to my husbands delight!

Simple really, use a tube of dough if you like. I made a 30 minute roll dough, while it was rising I cooked my other ingredients.

dough
1 lb bulk sausage
bell peppers diced
green onions, top and bottom sliced
cheese

After the dough has risen, roll it out, drain the cook meat mix and spread it over the dough. Cover with cheese, roll and bake. Simple.
I baked mine for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
It came out looking like a beached manatee but it was still good!

Enjoy!

Dough recipe (this can be a bread or used as dinner rolls)
This recipe I found a few years ago at food.com

1 cup very warm water
2 TBSP very warm water
1/3 cup oil (I used EVOO)
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP yeast or 1 pkg of fast rise
1 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
3-4 cups flour (3 for dough 1 for kneading/table)

Mix water, oil, sugar and yeast. Allow to rest for 10 minutes
Add salt and egg, blend
Add flour one cup at a time until dough forms
Knead on a floured surface 5-10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic
Shape into a ball and allow to rest 10 minutes
Make balls or leave whole
Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes
If you have time , allow the rolls to rise in the pan until doubled.




2 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time, it was suppose to be a link but for some reason did not work. I'll try again.

      Delete