Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Maple Cheesecake

Oh yes, the perfect cheesecake! Finally I have done it...for years I have baked cheesecake and it is always good but it seems a bit dry at times and always cracks on top. I wanted a perfect one, no cracks, perfect texture, not too sweet and not dry. Well, by golly I did it!!


Look at the top of this thing! I am proud as a peacock let me tell ya! AND to top it off I used my own pumpkin puree!
I feel like Pepper, he's my roo, I think I shall crow a little. ha ha

I read that baking in a water bath at a lower temperature for a longer time is the trick. Well, it is! I used my spring form pan, sprayed well and wrapped in aluminum foil. Criss Cross wrapping in foil keeps the water out of the pan. This I sat in my large turkey roaster, which I then filled half way with BOILING water. The filling was poured into the spring form and placed into a 300 degree oven. Middle rack. It was allowed to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then the heat was shut off and the pan stayed in the oven for another 15 minutes. The spring form was removed from the roaster and the  ring removed. Then I placed the cheesecake in the oven with the door open for another 20 minutes. It was allowed to cool on a rack on the counter for several hours before placing in the fridge.
WOW WOW WOW is what my husband kept saying tonight after his first bite. Now, he is NOT a cheesecake fan, but this he raved over!!

Pumpkin Maple Cheesecake
3 packages of cream cheese, room temp
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 eggs beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch salt

Blend the cream cheese and sugar together, then add the eggs. Next add the milk, pumpkin and spices. Beat on a low speed so as to not add a lot of air.

Crust
1 1/2 cups of Crushed Ginger Snap cookies
1/4 cup butter
crush the cookies and blend with the butter, press into a well greased spring form pan.

When your crust is ready pour your mixture in.

Enjoy!!

This recipe is linked to Oct. 5th link party http://cathithebookishbaker.blogspot.com/2013/09/treat-tuesday.html Linked up here