Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Acorn Squash & Potato Soup

Yesterday I really did not want anything on my menu. As the day went on I got to feeling rather ill. So to make myself feel better I made a pot of potato soup. It was an interesting pot, not like normal, because I threw in a few leftover items. It turned out delicious!

Acorn Squash & Potato Soup
1/2 roasted acorn squash
5 large red potatoes
1 large box of all natural veggie broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP parsley flakes
3 TBSP butter
2 cups water
1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup milk (add toward the end)
5 strips of bacon,fried and crushed

Cook the potatoes in the broth with the butter and seasonings. When the potatoes are done, mash leaving some chunks, add the leftover squash, potatoes and bacon. The soup was nice and thick. I added the milk toward the end.
A hardy meal, filling and right tasty if I do say so myself.