Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pizza Pasta- hot

Saturday was a busy day and at the last minute I realized how late it was. I really wanted pizza but did not want to spend any money considering the day before I had shopped for the next two weeks. So, I thought hmmm why not do a pizza pasta. I had fixed a cold pizza pasta salad several times before and we love it so much but Saturday I decided to do a hot pasta. It was really a simple throw together and everyone loved it, even my picky eater. (youngest son)

It also made a nice large pot so there were plenty of leftovers.

Hot Pizza Pasta

1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups water
2 cups bow tie pasta
3/4 jar of chunky garden spaghetti sauce
1 cup pepperoni slices cut in half
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese

In a large pot cook the meat and seasonings. Add the water and pasta. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the sauce, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and replace the lid. Turn the heat off and allow the cheese to melt.
Serve with bread and a salad.
Enjoy!

topped with melted cheese

pasta before the cheese was added


No comments:

Post a Comment