Monday, October 8, 2012

Leftover Soup

Did you check out our Foodie Friends Friday this week? There is a tab above where you can see the recipes submitted over Friday and Saturday plus see the winners names announced on Sunday.

Congrats this week to our rafflecopter winners: Lysska B. , Suzanne M. and Lisa W.
Our recipes with the most votes were submitted by:
www.hungrylittlegirl.com
http://highheelsandgrills.blogspot.com
http://crumbsinmymustachio.wordpress.com

Yesterday was a lovely day, cool and breezy, so I cleaned out the fridge and made a large pot of soup.

Simple really, I broke out my favorite large pot, Cuisinart, and in went the leftovers from the roasted red pepper chicken taco, a can of white kidney beans, some corn, garden peas, water, taco seasoning, parsley, paprika, carrots, broccoli, pea pods, peppers and half an onion. The veggies were out of the veggie bin that really weren't enough to do anything with but were perfect for a pot of soup. After these items had simmered for an hour I included 1/2 cup of orzo.

A nice filling easy lunch with plenty of leftovers for today's lunch.

Do you do anything with your leftovers like make a soup, stew or casserole? Waste not want not is my philosophy. Honestly there are normally not a lot of leftovers but this week I had a little of this and a little of that, not enough of one item for much of anything, but soup.

With today being such a cool day, my plan is to open up my new grain mill and see how easy it is to use. Now that I have all the ingredients I need, have read the book, it is time to give it a go. Be on the lookout for upcoming post on fresh bread with my own milled flour.

Stayed tuned to see what I come up with next.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Please join me at Welcome Home Wednesday# 3...and trhanks for linking last week!!! Debbie;)http://vintageonadime.blogspot.com/2012/10/welcome-home-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete