Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Italian Chicken

I can not believe how our magazine has taken off! It is so exciting and I hope that each of you has stopped by to check it out and will continue to follow the adventure.
FFFDD = Foodie Friends Friday Daily Dish

So, let's see, last night we had Italian Chicken. It was quick,easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand that I wanted to use. So it was a win win.

All the ingredients go into the crock pot and when you are ready to eat, cook your pasta ... wa la... done!

I should have served it with a nice salad, but I was out and everyone was gone with the cars. Besides, after the chicken, pasta and sauce, we needed to save room for dessert! We had leftover pie, shock I know, but there was still pie and oh what a pie!! It was even better than when I first made it. You should check it out: Fudgy Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie


Italian Chicken with pasta

9 chicken breast tenders, boneless skinless
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 can (3 oz) tomato paste
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning

2 cups dry pasta (I use Barilla plus penne pasta)
shredded Italian cheese
grated Parmesan

The first set of ingredients went into the crock pot, on low, for 4 hours. When we were ready to eat, I boiled 2 cups dry penne pasta. Once the pasta was done I drained it and sprinkled Parmesan cheese over it and stirred it in.
The pasta was put on the plate, sauce, Italian cheese and chicken.
Done!
Enjoy