Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ham and Hash-brown Casserole

Happy Sunday folks! It has been a very busy weekend for us here and I am behind on posting. I hope you have check out our online magazine: FFF Daily Dish  and that you have scoped out a few new recipes this week on our link party, which can always be found on my tab above :Foodie Friends Friday or you can visit the website itself for the same information and updates at: FFF

Last night I was off. My husband wanted Chinese, so we placed an order and ate in. He had worked hard all day putting in a new heat pump system to our house. WOO HOO we'll have heat, when it gets cold enough for it. For now I'm enjoying having my doors and windows open. Love the fresh breeze, so do my kitties.

Friday night was a bountiful feast! Ham and Hash-brown Casserole, collard greens and our favorite Hawaiian sweet rolls. Oh yeah! Good eatin' there!

Here is the recipe for you to try yourself. Tasty!!

Ham and Hash-brown casserole

8 oz diced ham (you an use the Jenny-O-Lynn turkey ham if you prefer)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or celery if you prefer, I don't)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1 bag Or-Ida O'Brian Potatoes (these are cubed hash-browns with green peppers and onions)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp paprika

Mix the soup, milk, sour cream and spices in a large bowl. Add the ham and stir well. Next add the cheese. Now add your hash browns. Pour all of this into a 13 x 9 greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees COVERED with foil for 45 minutes. Take the foil off and bake on 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes and serve.

Enjoy!