Thursday, October 18, 2012

Graveyard Dessert

I am not a Halloween person, we have never decorated or celebrated with our kids or during our marriage. So this recipe may seem a little odd. I have loosened up over the years. I am still not a "Halloween" person per say but know that it is not going to kill me to have a little fun.

Our Foodie Friends Friday, is doing a "freaky Friday" and I needed a recipe. So, I adapted an old favorite. I am sure you are familiar with "dirt cups" or "flower pot cakes" it goes by all sorts of names.

I just decorated it this time for our FFF "FREAKY" link party! 



Graveyard Dessert

2 pkg of chocolate pudding, instant
3 cups cold milk
1/2 small container of whipped topping
1 pkg Oreo
chocolate graham crackers
nutter butter cookies
gummy worms
writing icing

I put my Oreo cookies into the food processor and turn them into a nice powder/dirt consistency.
Mix the milk with 2 pkg of pudding, allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and add the whipped topping.
Stir in 2/3 of the cookies.
Sprinkle a few crumbs in the bottom, pour the mixture on top.
Write RIP on the chocolate grahams.
Drizzle 'blood' on a few chocolate grahams.
Dip nutter butters in whipped topping, for ghost.
Stick worms into the ground.
Arrange the decorations.
Add remaining "dirt"
Chill and serve!!