Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Granola

It has been some time since I baked my own granola. I have taken raw nuts, dried fruit and granola to make my own mix but today I did it all.
It turned out FABulous! I used a recipe from Kathy over at cooking On The Side , if you haven't been there, check her out. She has some fabulous recipes.
Thank you Kathy! When this was done it was lunch time, so I grabbed a bowl, spoon and the almond milk. What a filling nutritious lunch! This was so easy and so good, I can see I'll be doing this a lot.

Granola
3 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 cup nuts, raw
1 cup dried fruit
1 TBSP  vanilla
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup GOOD maple syrup

Mix it all together and spread on a baking sheet. Cake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees, stir and then bake another 25 minutes.
Allow to cool and store in an air tight container.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I have a favorite recipe that sounds a lot like this one. It does not have the maple syrup in it. I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia you will LOVE this, my husband does not like granola and he took a taste last night and said "wow honey that's really good" woot

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful and it's something I can take with me when I go on my Appalachian Trail hike. Thanks for sharing. The Real Happy Homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, the AT is something else! what an amazing trek it is, not that I've done it but watched a documentary about it. This is a wonderful recipe, give it a try.

      Delete