Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals - October

First let me address our weather, Sandy has been a nasty visitor. Prayers and thoughts go out to all affected in our great nation. I know many of my wonderful blog buddies are in the Northeast and are still without electricity. Thank you to all those who are helping and working around the clock to save those stranded and restore power to thousands.

Now on to the FPP>Last month was the first time I participated in the Foodie Pen Pals program. It was such a blessing! So of course I signed up again.

If you are not familiar with the program, you can check it out over at: The Lean Green Bean . You sign up after the 15th and before the 5th, you will be paired up with two others. One you will send a box of food items to and the other you will receive a box from. You will receive an email on the 5th telling you who your matches are. Then you contact them to exchange addresses, ask preferences and find out if there are any allergies. You have until the 15th to send your box out, then on the 31st you will blog about your experience.

This month I sent a box to Sydney over at Exploring Vegan Life. Go see what I sent her and read about how she used the items. I am excited to read her blog! She is a real sweetheart.

My box came from Andrea over at Glam Hungry Mom. She sent me a box of treats!

I was so excited to find this sitting beside my mail box! WOO HOO it's like Christmas each month!
In my box I found:


A great little bag of potpourri to help my house smell like cookies 24/7 which is difficult. It has made me bake more!

A jar of HONEY peanut butter which my husband claimed and took to work for his lunches. He says THANKS, I did get to taste it and if you have Bees Knees peanut butter in your area, get yourself a jar!

A delightful jar of cranberry honey, which I used in my Honey Bars. Oh wow, a light cranberry extract added to a smooth honey. I have made two batches using this honey and enjoyed a cup of tea today using the honey.

A bag of snacks...Snapea Crisps. I do have to say I was very skeptical about these, but have really enjoyed them. It says to use them on a salad but I ate them straight out of the bag and enjoyed everyone.

Last a box of pumpkin spice bread mix that I have yet to make. I've been saving it for next weekend when we are having a big family dinner.

THANK YOU Andrea!

No comments:

Post a Comment