Thursday, October 4, 2012

Easy Cheesy Casserole

I struggled with what to call this...easy cheesy, easy beefy mac, cheesy mac, 11I Casserole because of 11 ingredients but that one I thought might scare you away.
11 ingredients but most are seasonings and cheese. Nothing complicated about this recipe at all.
PLUS there is NO flavor lacking here either. It was creamy, cheesy, gooey and delicious. I thought I might pop eating it, that is why I ate my fresh sliced cucumber first. Drank a bottle of water, then ate. That way I would not over indulge. Yes, I'm working on that issue.
Forgive the photos, my dh had my camera so I was forced to photograph with my phone.

Easy Cheesy Casserole
3 cups dry noodles, I used elbow
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 onion diced
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic
1 TBSP ranch dip mix (I make my own so I can measure it out)
2 small cans of tomato sauce, no salt added
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Jack cheese
1 cup Mexican blend cheese

Cook the beef, onions, basil, garlic, sugar together. Then add the dip mix, tomato sauce and stir well. Next add the parm and sour cream. When blended add the jack cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes. Next grease a large casserole dish and pour the mix in. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Add the Mexican blend on top, shut oven off and leave the door closed. Allow the cheese to melt and serve!

Enjoy!!
** I have heard from a few of you that this was too dry for your noodles to cook. When you stir in your tomato sauce and sour cream to the meat mix, it will be THICK if it seems to dry, add 1/2 cup water or broth. COVEr the mix while it is baking, this will help the noodles to "steam". After 45 minutes remove the foil and top with cheese.****




This recipe is linked on Oct 5th to the Foodie Friends Friday link party

2 comments:

  1. This sounds super tasty and great for an easy weeknight meal! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ericka, I love our group and weekly link party. I also really enjoy hosting :-)
      This is a super easy and extremely satisfying meal!!

      Delete