Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy Beef Tomac

Happy blessed Sunday folks! Today I am sharing Friday nights supper with you, yes a little late, but yesterday was spent in the yard cleaning out the chicken coupe, tearing weeds out of the garden to prepare it for winter, mowing grass and many inside chores as well.

This was a super easy supper and all the guys gobbled it right up. Nothing new, honestly it would have to tasted like dirt for them not to eat it. No I take that back, if it were on a dare, they'd eat dirt. If you have a houseful of guys like I do, you know what I mean.

I served this dish with a big salad loaded with goodies like mixed baby greens, spinach, cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, beets, sliced pickled banana peppers, olives and a sprinkle of Mexican blend cheese. Yep, I like my salad loaded, none of that crunchy water for me. That would be iceberg lettuce.

Easy Beef Tomac

1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion or 2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp parsley
1 TBSP chili powder
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup dry elbow noodles
2 cups water
1/2 cup Mexican blend shred cheese 
1/2 cup Mexican blend shred cheese for the top

In a large pot, cook the meat with 1/2 cup of the water and spices. After it is done add the tomatoes, noodles and remaining water. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Now stir in 1/2 cup cheese and allow to melt. Now top with remaining  cheese and cover. Turn off heat and allow cheese to melt completely.

Enjoy


This recipe was shared on Earning My Cape Super Link Party 10/17/2012


No comments:

Post a Comment